WHERE TO START?
BY ERIC BOULER
- Choose a lender and get preapproved
- Start looking in your price range
- Shop in a narrow 10% range of your price limit
- Ask your lender about the type of loans, one may be better for you than another
- Location Location Location , Choose an area
- Size of home Sq. footage determines price
- Condition of home , how much updating do you want to do?
- Yard , garage , style , age , type of street , stories , floorplan
- # of Bedrooms , # of baths , study , rear yd access , high ceiling
- What are your immediate expenses upon moving in?
- Schools , playgrounds and churches
- Commute time , more commute time more house
- Appreciation , consistent with neighborhood
- Lot value , flood zones , taxes , electric bills
- Homeowners insurance , home warranties
- Termite contract
- Ages of major items roof , a/c , heater , plumbing systems
- What stays with the house of value , what goes
- Each will have pluses and minuses
- My job is to help you find the best value availiable that matches your needs. Is is what meets your needs that is important.
Always remember when and if you sell , how will others view your home . This is especially true if you plan to stay on several years.